Copyright 2009-2011 Lisa Waterman Gray

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Chance Meeting and a Blog Exchange

                                                        Baxter Springs 'rainbow' bridge

As I traveled through Kansas while doing research for my book, An Explorer's Guide: Kansas one of my daily mantras was 'I am with the right people in the right place at the right time.' I was amazed when I reached a community museum just before a volunteer shut off the lights, or visited a burger joint where the now-retired founders just happened to be eating lunch, or missed an encounter with an F-1 tornado by 1 1/2 hours. But I guess that speaks to the power of visualization.

I still try to live by my travel mantra, so was pleased to meet a fellow Kansas lover, by chance, last summer. After Franklin Thompson's guest post appeared here, on Nov. 14, he asked me to return the favor. See my latest Kansas post on Frank's blog, for today, at http://ftkansasjourney.blogspot.com/2011/11/visiting-abilenes-historic-seelye.html. While you're there, take a look around Frank Thompson's Kansas Journeys for great photos and cool musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment